Virtual Let's Talk w/ Junichi (Tue's 1-3pm, Fall 2021)
You've reached my Wejoinin page to sign up for Virtual Let's Talk consultations: zoom or phone.
Virtual Let's Talk consultations spots are refreshed each week (on Tue 3pm) for the following Tuesday, so please check back if you're interested in a later date.
The CAPS Let's Talk Consultation program provides easy access to informal, brief (20min), consultation sessions with mental health professionals from UC Berkeley's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). Consultations are free and there is no paperwork to complete. Speaking with a therapist during Let’s Talk can help you access support, gain perspective, explore resources and options, and discuss how therapy might be helpful.
To access this service, simply fill out your name in an open drop-in slot and 1) join me via zoom on that time at the zoom ID: 941 2029 5888 OR 2) write the phone number you wish to be reached at along with your name, I will give you a call at that time. Please be available to answer your phone 5-10 minutes before and after the exact time slot. If none of the times listed work for you, please visit our virtual Let's Talk website for more Let's Talk dates/times:
*Please enter your name & Preference for whether you'd like to speak over zoom or leave your phone number.*
*Save the Zoom ID: 941 2029 5888*
*Sign up sheet is cleared at the end of each Tue for the following week's sign up.*
- Please do not sign up for a Let's Talk consultation if you are experiencing a life threatening crisis. For urgent issues, crisis counseling is available Mondays-Fridays, 10am-5pm by calling CAPS and speaking with an urgent support counselor (510) 642-9494. If CAPS is closed, please call the CAPS after hours support line at 855-817-5667.
- Make sure your voicemail box is set up in case you miss my call the first time.
- Please cancel the consultation using the code sent to your email from WeJoinin if you’re no longer able to make it. Doing so, will make the slot available to another student.
- Although Let’s Talk Consultations are with mental health professionals, they are not formal therapy sessions and do not constitute mental health treatment. If you would like to schedule a therapy appointment, please call the CAPS office at (510) 642-9494.
I'm looking forward to connecting with you.
Junichi Shimaoka, Psy.D. (he/him)
Counseling & Psychological Services
Huichin Ohlone Land
Other Urgent Resources:
- CAPS after hours support line (24/7): 855-817-5667
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (link is external) (24/7): 800-273-8255.
- UC Berkeley Care Line for intimate partner violence (24/7): 510-643-2005
- The Trevor Project (for LGBTQ+ Youth, 24/7): (866) 488-7386. Also Text/chat line available @ thetrevorproject.org
|*Please enter your name & if you prefer zoom or leave your phone #* *Save the Zoom ID: 941 2029 5888*|
|Tue 9/14/21 - 1:00pm||
|Tue 9/14/21 - 1:30pm||
|Tue 9/14/21 - 2:00pm||
|Tue 9/14/21 - 2:30pm||