A Charlie Brown Christmas and Holiday Favorites
Performances are December 15th and 16th inside the Bicentennial Park Theatre.
Who: Directed by Mark Mason. Music for holiday favorites directed by Marty Kaspar
When: Auditions for A Charlie Brown Christmas will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, October 17th and 18th, from 7:15- 9:00PM
Where: at the Hope United Methodist Church, 2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet, Il. Located on the south side of the street, a couple blocks west from Route 30. Directions here.
Please enter through the main doors to the foyer.
• Cast for a Charlie Brown Christmas consists of 5 men and 5 women, and a dog!. Well, at least a person appearing as a dog, the one and only Snoopy!
• The cast needed for the "other holiday favorites" includes vocalists for solos, duets, quartets, and dancers and an ensemble for those favorites (see list below), and will be between 12-24 talented people.
• Auditions begin at 7:15 PM. Expect to fill out a contact sheet with your singing and acting experience (if any.)
• If you are auditioning for A Charlie Brown Christmas, you will be doing cold readings from the script.
• If you are auditioning for the holiday favorites, you will be asked to sing one of the songs scheduled to be in that part of the production (list of songs listed below).
• You may audition for both and be in both, if you like!
• You need to know your schedule and conflicts between the date of your audition and the closing date of the show.
• Rehearsal schedules for both parts of the production will be seperate, and will not conflict. CBC will rehearse 2-3 times a week, and holiday favorites only once a week for ensemble numbers, once a week for others. The final week of the production there will be rehearsal every night.
• Every participant is also expected to help with the advertising of the production, distibuting posters, sharing the event on social media,etc. There is no fee to participate.
Performance dates and times are December 15th at 2:00 PM and 7:30 pm, and Sunday December 16th at 2:00 PM.
About the show - A Charlie Brown Christmas is the stage version of the animated classic television special A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS coming to life in this faithful stage adaptation, in which Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts Gang discover the true meaning of Christmas. For those who don't know the story, "when Charlie Brown complains about the overwhelming materialism he sees among everyone during the Christmas season, Lucy suggests that he become director of the school Christmas pageant. Charlie Brown accepts, but this proves to be a frustrating endeavor. When an attempt to restore the proper holiday spirit with a forlorn little Christmas fir tree fails, he needs Linus’ help to discover the real meaning of Christmas."
The cast consists of:
Charlie Brown- a mopey, wishy-washy round-headed kid with a good heart, who tries to always do good and can't understand why Christmas makes him so depressed
Snoopy- a little dog with a big imagination, exuberantly happy just to be Snoopy
Lucy- scary smart, crabby, bossy in a good way, a girl who knows she should be in charge and possessing a powerful anger; in love with someone who will never love her back
Linus- a sincere, intelligent intellectual; a brilliant but insecure kid who nevertheless can't let go of his blanket
Pig Pen- a dirty kid who raises a cloud of dust wherever he goes; confident and proud
Schroeder- a brilliant pianist who can play Beethoven sonatas on a toy piano: takes himself and his art far too seriously, oblivious to everything but music
Frieda- superficial and haughty, obsessed with her own naturally curly hair
Sally- Charlie Brown's little sister; a brilliant girl whose sunny disposition masks her inner cynical schemer
Shermy- crew-cut kid who every Christmas always has to be a shepherd; hates "Good Ol' Charlie Brown"
Violet- pony-tailed Mean Girl, makes mud pies and hates Charlie Brown, loves to dance
Patty- Mean Girl wearing saddle shoes, loves to insult Charlie Brown, loves to dance
|October 17th||October 18th||New Column (0)|