Let's Talk (Q-Talk)
Kiet Huynh, PhD will be conducting virtual Let's Talk (Q-Talk) drop-in counseling for queer and trans identified students this Spring 2021 on Wednesdays from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Let's Talk is for informal, brief, free consultations with a University Health Services mental health counselor.
More information about Kiet and other CAPS staff located here: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/counseling/counseling-and-psychological-services-caps/about-caps/meet-caps-staff. More information about other Let's Talk counselors located here: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/counseling/letstalk/schedule
BENEFITS OF LET'S TALK:
- Free access to supportive counseling and referral to resources.
- No paperwork involved.
- Confidential and safe space for informal consultations.
- Culturally-centered support for queer and trans Cal students.
- Easy online sign-up below.
- Have other questions about Let's Talk (e.g., What happens at a visit to Let's Talk?How is Let's Talk different from counseling at CAPS? Who should visit Let's Talk?)? Visit the Let's Talk FAQ page for more info: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/counseling/counseling-and-psychological-services-caps/prevention-education-outreach/lets-talk/lets
HOW TO USE LET'S TALK:
- Get support with sexuality and gender related concern.
- Learn more about mental health resources and virtual therapy services.
- Talk about stress and anxiety related to academics and/or relationship concerns.
- Talk about unique challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Learn about healthy ways to cope with stress and other concerns.
- Get emotional support and identify ways to increase social connection during shelter-in-place.
- Create a menu of therapy options to consider, or identify a future plan of action with CAPS.
- Get consultation on how to support a student in distress.
VIRTUAL LET'S TALK (Q-TALK) DROP-IN HOURS:
- Wednesdays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm on Zoom or phone
HOW TO SCHEDULE:
- Please select a time slot and enter your name (or initials) and email. Then click the "Leave a Comment" section, and (1) add your phone number and (2) indicate whether you prefer a phone call or a Zoom (video or audio) visit. Your name and information will be private so others will not be able to see it.
- Leaving this information in the "Leave a Comment" section is *EXTREMELY IMPORTANT* so that I know how to contact to you.
- If your preference is to have a Zoom video visit, please use the following URL at the time selected, and I will start the meeting at the designated time.
- You can also call (510) 214-6629 to request a callback. If prompted to leave a voicemail when you call, please CLEARLY state your name and a callback number (twice), and I will return the call as soon as I can during my business hours (Tue - Fri, 8a - 5p).
- Although Let’s Talk Consultations are with mental health professionals, they are not formal therapy sessions and do not constitute mental health treatment. If you would like to schedule a therapy appointment, please call the CAPS office at (510) 642-9494.
- Let's Talk Consultation sessions are not an appropriate type of service for urgent concerns. For urgent issues, crisis counseling is still available through the CAPS office. Please call (510) 642-9494 to speak with someone urgently during business hours (Mon - Fri, 10a - 5p), or call (855) 817-5667 outside of business hours.
- If you have access to a confidential and private space, located in the state of CA, you are eligible for telemental health services with Dr. Murarka (licensed in CA), including a video or phone consultation. If these requirements are not met, we can still connect via phone for a brief check-in.
In humble solidarity,
Kiet Huynh, PhD
Counseling and Psychological Services
University Health Services