Let's Talk - Veronica Orozco, PhD
"Lets Talk" : Zoom audio or video consultations with Veronica Orozco, Ph.D., Counseling and Psychological Services Friday's 11am-12pm.
What is Let’s Talk
The CAPS Let's Talk program provides easy access to informal, brief, consultation sessions with mental health professionals from UC Berkeley's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). It is free and there is no paperwork to complete.
Speaking with a therapist during Let’s Talk can help you access support, gain perspective, explore resources and options, and discuss how therapy might be helpful.
Let’s Talk sessions could be used to
* learn more about mental health resources and virtual therapy services,
* talk about stress and anxiety related to academics and/or relationship concerns,
* talk about challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic
* learn about healthy ways to cope with stress and other concerns
* get emotional support and identify ways to increase social connection during shelter-in-place
* create a menu of therapy options to consider, or identify a future plan of action with CAPS
Although Let’s Talk consultations are with mental health professionals, they are not therapy sessions and do not constitute mental health treatment. Let’s Talk meetings are not part of the student’s mental health records. Let’s Talk is not for urgent concerns. If you are in crisis or need immediate support, please call CAPS at 510-642-9494. If CAPS is closed, please call the CAPS after hours support line at 855-817-5667.
How to Schedule a Virtual Let’s Talk Visit
Please sign-up for a 20-minute time-slot by giving your name and e-mail. If you prefer not to leave your full name please feel free to leave initials, first name only or a pseudonym
*If you prefer a phone consultation, in the "Leave a comment?" section, provide a phone number at which you can be reached.
*Otherwise, the consultation will be over Zoom (video or audio-only ok)
Once you complete the above steps, you are scheduled for a Virtual Let’s Talk Visit, and you can expect the following:
* If you requested a phone consult, Veronica will call you at the scheduled time. Please be available 5 mins before the call.
* If you requested Zoom video/audio, please use the following link https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/2453249031
* Please wait for Veronica to start the meeting
If all slots are full or if available slots do not work with your schedule, please call CAPS at (510) 642-9494 and ask for a phone consultation with Veronica Orozco or with another CAPS therapist.
CAPS hours are currently 10am-4pm, Monday - Friday.
|Fri May 1st||
|Fri May 15th||
|Fri May 29th||
|Fri June 5th||
|Fri June 12th||
|Fri June 19th||
|Fri June 26th||
|Fri July 10th||
|Fri July 24||
|Fri July 31||